Flight Controls

Suggestions/ideas for new Controls

Re: Flight Controls

Postby ManIkWeet » 22. Nov 2013, 23:10

(Multitouch) thumbsticks (joysticks) would be very nice indeed! Maybe hook up 4 (or 8?) sides to 4 (or 8?) specific keys, like WASD. Currently you can make 4 keys but you have to release+tap to switch to the other key...
ManIkWeet

Postby EdTheRabbit » 6. Nov 2014, 04:43

Just what I was coming on here to suggest.

Mapping axes to sliders - joystick controls and rotary dials would require the powergrid program to interact with a virtual joystick driver with a large number of axes (the more the better, especially for the newer games that can take it)

wondering whether if as the suggestion has already been made that a 'hat' control be made that presses the appropriate keyboard key for direction, if something similar could be doen with a rotary/slider - have it divided up into zones of customisable size that presses a key on the slider entering that zone (option to be once, held down or repeated) so older games that don't recognise a throttle (but used keys 1 through 0 as throttle percentage) can be used correctly.

you could also have smart selection for the throttle/rotary/slider based on the number and shape of tiles it covers - more horizontal than vertical, is a left-to right slider, more vertical is a bottom to top slider, and square is a rotary control like the pre existing volume sliders/knobs.
EdTheRabbit

Postby jonfitt » 22. Dec 2014, 18:35

Any updates on a timeline for adding customizable horizontal and vertical sliders?
jonfitt

Postby RugbyGoth » 6. Feb 2015, 13:48

Hi, I'm highly interrested in sliders, any news?

I use droidpad, but it has lot of bugs and is discontinued, Pwer grid could be a good alternative!
RugbyGoth

Postby Addihash » 2. Mar 2015, 12:29

We are still into this idea. At this point we already managed to make a 3-states slider which might not be as good for throttle but they are a step in the right direction. You can find it in the TrainSimulator Plugin and in the upcoming Power-Grid: Power User Series episode.
There will also be toggle buttons!
Addihash
Administrator

Postby Daedy80 » 8. Dec 2015, 13:10

Hi, any news about sliders since march ?
I love Power Grid, but without slider it's not very interesting for me.
Daedy80

Postby Addihash » 14. Dec 2015, 12:06

We still have this in our minds, however we cannot say when we can release it.
If you want to code one for yourself I can give you some hints where to look.
Addihash
Administrator

Postby Daedy80 » 21. Dec 2015, 20:52

Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to that, but I am happy to know that you are always on the spot. Maybe someone else on the forum would be able to do something.
Thank you
Daedy80

Postby Daddio » 29. Jan 2016, 22:31

I really would love to see this as well, I imagine the slider for throttle would be a lot like the volume control slider. 0 - 100%? I really hope it still is being worked on. Is there a crash course anywhere online to maybe program one for myself?
Great APP so far, cant wait to see more.
Daddio

Postby Daddio » 29. Jan 2016, 22:32

Addihash wrote:We still have this in our minds, however we cannot say when we can release it.
If you want to code one for yourself I can give you some hints where to look.

Hints please!
Daddio

PreviousNext

Return to Controls