Change sound output

Suggestions/ideas for new Controls

Change sound output

Postby MrMoose » 13. Nov 2013, 15:42

I would like a button to change between the sound output sources.
like changing from speaker to headphones (roccat kulo 7.1).

Today I have to go into sound playback-device and choose roccat or desktopspeakers as standard when i want to switch (have roccat kulo in the computer all the time).

I tried to make a macro but the only seems to work on text.
MrMoose

Re: Change sound output

Postby MrTestOne » 14. Nov 2013, 15:33

I also often switch my sound output devices. I've written a macro (for german Windows) and it works quite good. Try to use it:

p LWIN;
40;
t sound; (maybe you need another text to enter sound control in non-german Windows version)
40;
p ENTER;
1000;
p DOWN;
p DOWN;
40;
d LALT;
d a;
40;
u LALT;
u a;
40;
p ENTER;

Note: This selects the 2nd sound device as default output, since it uses the command DOWN twice. Despite make sure that following settings are in affect in sound manager: "Show disconnected devices" "DO NOT show deactivated devices" This makes sure, that your devices in that list will always stay at the same position, otherwise new devices can appear, when you connect a sound output device. Hope this helps you. :)
Let's put a smile on that face...

... with ROCCAT Power-Grid!
MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Re: Change sound output

Postby MrDynamite13 » 26. Jan 2014, 19:57

But this macro doesn't do the job in app (In FullScreen app), cause:
1.Using this macro will kick you to desktop.
2.You need to ALT+Tab back to your app.

There for sure are some Windows background commands usable in C#, C++ etc. so maybe you guys should find such one and add it to Default Controls :)

Btw. How can I make an advanced plugin that will not only use keyboard commands, but also use and send other info. (Like, how all those System Stats and Sound Control were made?)
MrDynamite13

Return to Controls