Grid suggestions

Suggestions/ideas for new Grids (Game, Applications, Hardware Controls etc.)

Grid suggestions

Postby Knaxor » 4. Apr 2013, 18:11

Hello Roccat,

This looks really great, it will take some time for me to figure out how to configure it exactly as i want but I have a few suggestions already.

- Creating a custom grid, it took me a while to figure out i had to use the delete key on my keyboard to remove a control component from the grid. The icons clear and remove have other functions which is a bit confusing. Maybe being able to right-click a component to remove would be useful.

- Add a ventrilo component comparable to Teamspeak.

- Add VLC Player as option for default mediaplayer.

- The net usage graph is going from left to right. In most applications a visualising graph is going from right to left. For example the windows task/performance manager.
Knaxor

Re: Grid suggestions

Postby rtom » 4. Apr 2013, 18:26

hey knaxor,
thanks for your feedback.

a small hint for deleting controls:
you can also drag+drop a single control at the delete button in the tool bar.
Best regards,
Robert Schulz
rtom
ROCCAT Staff

Postby HONkUS » 4. Apr 2013, 18:37

I'd like to second the VLC option for media controls.

I would like to see Mumble support if at all possible.
HONkUS

Postby Knaxor » 4. Apr 2013, 18:43

rtom wrote:hey knaxor,
thanks for your feedback.

a small hint for deleting controls:
you can also drag+drop a single control at the delete button in the tool bar.

Aaah, thanks!
Knaxor

Postby Knaxor » 4. Apr 2013, 19:32

And i have a few more =)

-I would like the option to hide the tabs at the top. Make them visible either by swiping from the top or pressing the menu button which now seems to do nothing on android.

-Fixed scaling for the net usage graph, preferably customizable by user. I would set it for example on 3mB/s, if i am downloading at full speed the graph would be full. If the network usage is idle i wouldnt see anything. Right now if the net usage is constantly idle the bar scales, so you only see fluctuation. I cannot get a meaningful read on usage if the scale keeps changing dynamically.

-Tapping a block for more detailed info/full screen. For example tapping the net usage graph goes to a fullscreen verion.

-Customizable block height.
CPU control has a height of 2 blocks, even with only 2 cores. It would be nice if it would be possible to change it to height 1. The Net usage could really benefit from the added height.
Note: the CPU graph shows its usage horizontally, making it height smaller would not lose data accuracy. the net graph shows the usage vertically, you get more detail if the height is increased.

- Filter net graph by destination. If i am streaming a movie from my NAS it shows as pretty busy, it would be nice if i could see/filter only my internet connection.
Knaxor

Postby MrTestOne » 5. Apr 2013, 00:17

A VLC Player Grid will be probably out on monday, since there is an issue, which has to be solved till then. Stay tuned to the Additional Content forums. ;)
Let's put a smile on that face...

... with ROCCAT Power-Grid!
MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby Domen178 » 5. Apr 2013, 00:28

MrTestOne wrote:A VLC Player Grid will be probably out on monday, since there is an issue, which has to be solved till then. Stay tuned to the Additional Content forums. ;)

YAY! My hero :D
Domen178

Postby TheLujaHH » 5. Apr 2013, 01:09

VLC Player support sounds great as i am using it for music, videos and such. Having the mobile as a remote control for it would be terrific. In my opinion its the simplest and therefore best media player around.
TheLujaHH

Postby FreeBird2k » 4. Jan 2014, 15:58

Hello Roccat,

1- Since my android device lays sideways due to the power plug on the bottom but prefer sideways near my keyboard. I've been trying to edit the grid to make it sideways unless I edit the picture and add text to rotate sideways but the system stats and incoming center I cannot edit those. :(
Suggest have rotation options grid and android rotation enabled for power grid.

2- would like incoming center to put 2 chat window side by side (in sideways mode) with (VOIP programs)like: Teamspeak or ventrillo chat and steam chat. Would be nice to have that feature. I don't like the Steam shift+Tab and Teamspeak to go to desktop to view the message while in game like Dayz or Rust or intense game that you can't leave your eyes off the game screen until safe area.

3- Would be cool to have some sort of hotkey to enable PC keyboard to type on android device for incoming center...

Keep up the good work Roccat.
FreeBird2k

Return to Grids