Media Player Control--Windows media buttons

Suggestions/feature requests for the built-in ROCCAT Grids

Media Player Control--Windows media buttons

Postby teiglin » 4. Apr 2013, 20:51

I like the sound control quite a bit, but I don't use Windows Media Player ever. While I appreciate the control having an option for Winamp (and iTunes, if you're into that sort of thing), my video player of choice is mpc-hc, and I'm sure some will also want vlc, or mplayer, or whatever. While you could try to add every player under the sun (and that'd be awesome!), having a button for the Windows play/pause, stop, prev track, and next track buttons--like when you push them on a keyboard with such functions--would be quite useful, as those tend to be configurable per-app and each user will know what to expect from them.

As a side-note--I'm not sure if this is a result of my keyboard's media controls being hidden behind a function key, but I could get the macro recorder to pick up the media keypresses either.

Edit: after poking around a bit more, maybe this should be under the Controls section--though I posted it here with the idea in mind that it'd be a part of the default Sound Control panel, so maybe a little of both. :)
teiglin

Re: Media Player Control--Windows media buttons

Postby lAg94mS » 5. Apr 2013, 02:04

you can set control to winamp (or itunes), just go to settings (pc software) scroll down, there's a dropdown field on the right
lAg94mS

Postby Serret » 5. Apr 2013, 12:43

I think he is referring to the universal media buttons on windows and not specifically to windows media player buttons.

The advantage of gaining access to the universal media buttons would be to essentially be able to "remote control" any program that uses them such as video players as well.
Essentially, I think it's a request for an option to make them work the same as these:

Image Nexus 4 - Android 4.3
Image Windows 8 64bit
Image ISKU keyboard
Serret

Postby TEOKGaming » 17. Apr 2013, 19:17

This.
TEOKGaming

Postby rtom » 26. Apr 2013, 20:30

hi folks,
we got this on our list already. even useful for spotify etc.
the standard media player keys will be implemented soon!
Best regards,
Robert Schulz
rtom
ROCCAT Staff

Postby JonnyRedHed » 11. May 2014, 05:40

I too would like to use the default sound control wheel control for my preferred media players. J. River Media Centre 19.xx and Zoom Player MAX. I don't if support has been added yet but I'm not seeing an option to edit in new media players.
JonnyRedHed

Return to Incoming Center / System Stats / Sound Control / Settings (App)