After switching tabs, titles disappear

Issues, Bugs and Questions regarding the Power-Grid App for Android.

After switching tabs, titles disappear

Postby Bonewaltz » 21. Dec 2013, 17:09

Hi,

I just updated my PC software and was testing sound options, but when I click back on the System Stats tab, all titles just disappear, only showing the values.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/680nid3gn89rire/2013-12-21%2014.54.12.png

My sys: Windows 7 x64

My smartphone: Nexus 4 - Android 4.4.2
Bonewaltz

Re: After switching tabs, titles disappear

Postby MrTestOne » 31. Dec 2013, 12:19

After connecting Power-Grid on your mobile device, go to the "APP SETTINGS" tab and use the "CLEAR APP CACHE" function. That should solve the problems.
Let's put a smile on that face...

... with ROCCAT Power-Grid!
MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby kholt90 » 23. Feb 2014, 07:47

I'm having the same issue. Using clear app cache lets us reload all the tabs when we first click on them, but the issue is still there.

Whenever I switch back to a tab the labels are gone.
After clearing the cache the labels come back, until I switch to a different tab and then switch back again.
If I press the recent app button and go straight back into the app the labels load.

I believe it might be something with the labels reloading when switching tabs.
kholt90

Postby MrTestOne » 6. Mar 2014, 15:40

In order to be able to reproduce the problems here (and to fix them of course), we need more details like: On which device do you have those issues? In Bonewaltz's case it looked like a caching problem. But kholt90 describes a different problem. Maybe also on a different device? I wasn't able to reproduce it on my Galaxy S2. Maybe it has something to do with a specific grid?
Let's put a smile on that face...

... with ROCCAT Power-Grid!
MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby Marthian » 16. Jun 2014, 06:24

I'm not the original poster, but I am having a similar issue. I switch tabs a bit, and text disappears from preset tabs (Namely: System Stats, Sound Control, and App Settings.) Clearing the App Cache is a temporary solution, and a bit later, the issue comes back.

This is occurring on my Galaxy S4 with the latest version from the Google Play store.
Marthian

Postby Castanac » 12. Aug 2014, 16:22

I have the same problem.. It removes all text in every single GRID. Makes it hard to know what program you are turning the volume down on, and enough to make me stop using the app. Only way to fix it for me is to exit the app entirely and start it again. But the problem happen as soon as i switch tabs. Have Android 4.4.2 on a HTC one mini 2. Its a shame because i see much potential in this.
Castanac

Postby kick_04 » 17. Aug 2014, 06:04

Well I typed up a big long review, hit save draft and made me re-sign in, once I did I lost everything I typed up.

Basically...
Newest version on a windows 8.1
newest app version on android 4.4.2 (Samsung galaxy S3)

I have the same issue with text disappearing on System Stats, Roccat Talk FX, Sound Control.

My current list of tabs: System Stats, Sound Control, Trachpad, VLC Player, Roccat Talk FX

My temp fix is to lock screen and unlock, it brings all text back... you can also hit home button and than reopen the app to bring all text back. Both of these ways will let you keep whatever tab you were last on, instead of moving one to the first spot so it will show text when restarting app.

If I add Skyrim Grid, the text on the buttons will not disappear. Number pad doesn't lose its text either.

Edit:
I removed all grids besides System Stats & Sound control and switching between the 2 got the text to disappear on both grids.

I cleared the cache and was able to get all text back on all grids that lost them, once I switched off a grid and back to it the text was gone again.
kick_04

Postby mercymike » 20. Sep 2014, 06:03

I have exactly the same problem here with both the newest versions installed on the pc and a samsung galaxy s4.
Pc is running windows 8.1 and the S4 has the latest updates. Powergrid fresh install on the S4 with no changes to the settings or tabs.

The error is very easy to produce and always the same :
1- start powergrid on the s4
2- System tab shows everything nicely
3- Select "incoming center" and then back to "system" tab

Now all the titles have gone.
If i clear the cache on the "settings" tab (which now also does not have any titles) everything is back to normal.
But as soon as i select the incoming center, the error re-occurs.
The same problem occurs regardless of what tab i select and then go back to the system tab.
Also when i switch apps, and then select the power-grid app again, the problem is solved too.

Love the software but its pretty hard to use with this error.
mercymike

Postby Ensi Ferrum » 19. Oct 2014, 06:35

Same here.

PC OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Tablet Name: Lifetab S7852
Tablet OS: Android 4.4.2

On my other tablet, an Odys Cosmo with Android 4.1.1 (Custom ROM) I don't have the problem!
Ensi Ferrum

Postby Ensi Ferrum » 22. Nov 2014, 14:43

Any News on this topic from the developer??????
Ensi Ferrum

Next

Return to Power-Grid App (Android)