Connection Problems

Issues, Bugs and Questions regarding the Power-Grid App for iOS.

Connection Problems

Postby Altruis » 14. Dec 2013, 00:30

Hi Roccat,

I recently downloaded the app for the smartphone and the software for the PC. The software for the PC is running smoothly, no problems at all, but I can't connect my iPhone 5 with it. I've checked all the forum posts in this forum, tried most of them (if not all), yet still nothing works.

I'll use a quote from another topic to summarize what I already tried:
- mobile device AND PC have to be in same network (e.g. mobile device connected via WiFi and PC via cable)
Already the case
- PC IP address has to be something like 192.168.... and Power-Grid service is running (you can look it up in the settings tab in Power-Grid, left bottom corner)
Ditto
- PC has a temporarily disabled firewall/anti virus to check, whether this is the problem
Disabled Firewall, still no connection
- try to enter IP address (from PC) manually in Power-Grid App (mobile device)
Tries this from the beginning, with 2 different IP addresses (1 which I looked up online through "what's my ip adress" and the other through the IP adress Roccat gave me, which I think is the correct one
- if there are error messages, READ THEM!
There are none
- router gives a "STATIC IP" to your PC, so you can "PORT FORWARD" following ports to your PC:
80 TCP/UDP
32241 TCP/UDP
32242 TCP/UDP
Tried this, also doesn't work
- if that still don't work, deinstall Power-Grid App on mobile device and Power-Grid Launcher on PC, to make a clean reinstall
Didn't try this, but then again, how would this help? I already had a "clean install" the first time I tried it.
- try agan the manual connection step
Didn't try this.
- if nothing works, try to use another PC in your network (if available) to test connecting to it
There's no PC I can use
-> if that works, first PC causes the problem
-> if that doesn't work, your network at all has some issues (probably router)
Possibly, but what?

I would like to know what I can do, besides reinstalling it all again. It probably has something to do with my firewall, but even with my firewall disabled, it doesn't show up. So what gives?
Altruis

Re: Connection Problems

Postby MrTestOne » 19. Dec 2013, 12:00

Altruis wrote:- try to enter IP address (from PC) manually in Power-Grid App (mobile device)
Tries this from the beginning, with 2 different IP addresses (1 which I looked up online through "what's my ip adress" and the other through the IP adress Roccat gave me, which I think is the correct one
I would like to know what I can do, besides reinstalling it all again. It probably has something to do with my firewall, but even with my firewall disabled, it doesn't show up. So what gives?

Hi Altruis,

first of all sorry for the late answer. You need to enter the local network IP of your PC. You can look it up in the settings tab at the bottom left corner. This is the IP you have to enter in your smartphone. (see screenshot)

Which Firewall are you using? There are some firewalls on the market, which you can't just "deactivate", since they are still running as a background process. In that case you have to configure it properly (allow Launcher software to communicate freely) or temporarily deinstall (and restart PC) to check, whether this software is causing the issues.

BTW: Which Windows version are you using?
Attachments
host ip.PNG
Correct local IP addres
host ip.PNG (12.92 KiB) Viewed 37377 times
Let's put a smile on that face...

... with ROCCAT Power-Grid!
MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby Altruis » 29. Dec 2013, 16:44

Hey MrTestOne,
Sorry for my late reply as well. I used the correct IP adress looking at your answer (tried both, but none gave anything).

I'm not quite sure which Firewall I'm using. I'm using ESET Smart Security and I disabled the firewall completely (windows told me in the notification center that I was at risk, since no firewall was running).

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

I just tried Roccat on a different computer however, in a different house, and it worked perfectly there. Instantly recognized the computer (even with a firewall), so I'm wondering what's causing the problem with mine.
Altruis

Postby MrTestOne » 31. Dec 2013, 12:10

First try to add "ROCCAT Power-Grid.exe" to your ESET firewall exception list. I found a link that might be helpful for you: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=co ... d=SOLN2623

Note that every firewall behaves in a different way. If that didn't help, try following:

- Completely deinstall your firewall temporarily
- Restart PC
- Try to establish Power-Grid connection

If that works, then your firewall is causing the problems and need to be reconfigured after reinstall (additional exceptions, other traffic control rules, ...). But first try to add it to your exception list and if that doesn't work, try the other steps i listed up.
Let's put a smile on that face...

... with ROCCAT Power-Grid!
MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby cyri-96 » 22. May 2015, 18:05

I did run into the same problem, and also couldn't solve it. In the end I just installed The Wi-fi antenna for my ASUS X99 Deluxe motherboard and established an additional connection which solved the issue (But now I just have a silly double connection to my router with both LAN and Wi-Fi)
cyri-96

Postby Addihash » 26. May 2015, 10:03

DId you try all the things above?
Addihash
Administrator

My new website

Postby elviraxr2 » 16. Jul 2017, 03:39

My contemporary page
http://euro.dating.hotblog.top/?page.annika
ukrainian dating agencies free save the date invitations gay dating brisbane free adverts ireland gay sugar daddy dating apps
elviraxr2

Grown up site

Postby elviraxr2 » 16. Jul 2017, 03:41

New adult blog website
free weight loss programs online male to female transformation fiction crossdressing husband and wife
http://dailyfeminisation.yopoint.in/?blog.paula
crossdressing clips french french dictionary criminal justice sociology liberal feminism quotes where to buy baby clothes online definition dictionary women in hair rollers an big bud
elviraxr2

Grown up galleries

Postby johannanc4 » 26. Aug 2017, 03:21

Late-model work
http://datetips.sexblog.top/?profile.julie
dating sites comparison post ads free fish meet singles muslim marriage london single events
johannanc4

Loose galleries

Postby johannanc4 » 26. Aug 2017, 03:23

My new photo blog
http://asslick.photo.erolove.in/?post.jalynn
list australia's male country singers granny jerking compilation nude girls live adult joke birthday cards free hderabadi xxx videos
johannanc4

Next

Return to Power-Grid App (iOS)