Control Creation - Function Commands - Macro Scripting...

Issues, Bugs and Questions regarding creation and use of controls

Control Creation - Function Commands - Macro Scripting...

Postby Cantide1 » 17. Jun 2014, 07:44

So I'm trying to make some custom controls and I am hitting a wall when I'm filling in the function bar.

The thing I am ultimately trying to do is focus a specific window. The window is an AIM convo I have going through trillian with my friend, that I need to bring to the top of the screen all the time. If I could do this by clicking a button on Power-Grid, that would be perfect.

I started by trying to deconstruct the Macro: functions from other buttons, but I don't really see anything that will help. The problem is that I am not launching an exe or anything so I need to manipulate what window I am focusing directly.

The one button that interested me the most is the "Taskbar Pin Switch." It looks like this:
Macro: d LWIN;p 2;u LWIN;

Now, That is 'switch to window 2' ... 'switch to window 1' just changes the 2 to a 1.

I searched online for a Macro: function list and if there was one, that would be super awesome. I understand that would be difficult to write, though.

ANYWAY, I'm rambling, but basically I want to switch to a specific window on my computer and I need the Macro: command for that. Any help?
Cantide1

Re: Control Creation - Function Commands - Macro Scripting..

Postby Cantide1 » 17. Jun 2014, 07:50

I've deciphered it!

It is a series of downs and ups. Basically it is a keypress string. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

It's down left-windows-key, press 2, up left-windows-key.

.....none of this helps me do what I want though.

The only solution, using this Control, is to make sure that my AIM window is always on the same spot on the taskbar. That is just bad practice and could lead to disaster.

Still looking for a way to navigate directly to a window.
Cantide1

Re: Control Creation - Function Commands - Macro Scripting..

Postby rtom » 18. Aug 2015, 12:22

Have you tried adding delays between the key presses?
Another way could be to use an external macro/scripting software like autoit and create some kind of batch file (doing what you want) and link it to the button in powergrid.
Best regards,
Robert Schulz
rtom
ROCCAT Staff

Return to Controls