Plug-In Sounds

Issues, Bugs and Questions regarding creation and use of controls

Plug-In Sounds

Postby Third » 8. May 2015, 06:19

So it's been almost 17 years since I touched C++. I have more Java experience with my coffee cup than I do in my head.

That said I'm grinding away on a bout a dozen Grids at the moment.

I'l got my plug-ins sorted out and functioning, but I need to call a .wav for each state. I know where they need to be located, but I'm not sure how to assign a wav to each state.

I just need a short example. I can't find anything with sounds in Train Sim or Toggle.

Thanks

Third
Third

Re: Plug-In Sounds

Postby Addihash » 8. May 2015, 14:04

in the .qs file add this line to your executed function:
Code: Select all
this.PlaySound("C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ROCCAT\\Power-Grid\\Data\\Sound\\click_03.wav");

of course you will want to set your own path.
Unfortunately at this point only absolute paths are possible, but we are looking into fixing this problem.

Btw it is nice to see that you are so anticipated in Power-Grid! :)
Addihash
Administrator

Postby Third » 8. May 2015, 20:27

Thank you very much.

Yes, the moment I saw it I knew it would be a perfect match for Star Citizen and other games.

I've got about 30 layouts to do this year just for Star Citizen ships as they develop..

Thanks again,

Third
Third

Postby Addihash » 12. May 2015, 12:19

Stay tuned, there will come an update which gives you the ability to use relative paths!
Addihash
Administrator

Postby Vora » 12. May 2015, 12:46

Addihash wrote:Stay tuned, there will come an update which gives you the ability to use relative paths!

This is good news. I know it's not easy to answer sometimes, but is there a rough ETA for this update?

If its not for a month or two I can at least upload grids without sounds until it hits.
Vora

Postby Addihash » 12. May 2015, 17:44

Since we want to put something more into that update I can't really say anything about a date.
But if you wish I can give you that version and you can test it out and create plugins that use relative paths which work for everyone when we roll out that update.
Addihash
Administrator

Postby Vora » 12. May 2015, 21:12

Addihash wrote:Since we want to put something more into that update I can't really say anything about a date.
But if you wish I can give you that version and you can test it out and create plugins that use relative paths which work for everyone when we roll out that update.

Certainly I'd be happy to test it out for you.
Vora

Postby Third » 13. May 2015, 02:14

Same here. Would like to test it.

I'm about to push four Grid updates tonight (two of which will start using my plugin) and four "packs" all of will will be tied into my plugin. I've got six more Grids undergoing art and a fix from CIG (Star Citizen). May as well have things ready to push again with sound with the next RPG update.
Third

Postby Addihash » 13. May 2015, 09:31

Then please PM me your email and i'll send you the new version with instructions and a little code-snippet.
Addihash
Administrator

Return to Controls