[SOLVED] Adding custom sound files

Issues, Bugs and Questions regarding creation and use of grids

[SOLVED] Adding custom sound files

Postby MoBIoS » 20. Feb 2014, 13:25

Hello everyone,
firstly, I like to mention, what a great app this is :)
I have got quite accustomed to creating my own Grids by now, creating personal icons and button behaviours, but I keep stumbling across how to add custom sound files. I have tried many options, down sampling and up sampling .wave, .mp3 and .ogg files.

In the example files in the folder .../data/sound you have .mp3, .ogg and .wave files also. But I do not manage to get them to work either. The only sounds I am able to deploy to buttons are the standard
[ROCCAT] #click1 > #click3.

What am I missing? I bet its right in front of me. Any push into the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

MoBIoS

EDIT:
I´d like to add a couple more question.

At what frequency are uploaded version changes being updated in the shop? After about 2 hours, the changes I made (screen shots, revised version of grid description, etc...) where still not in effect, so I resulted in deleting and re-uploading the app.

Is this bug resolved in v.0.459?
Andi@ROCCAT wrote:Hi,

please make sure that you don't save the pictures and sound of your custom grids under C:\Program Files (x86)\ROCCAT\Power-Grid\Data\ since the actual version of the Power-Grid Launcher disregards all files saved there while exporting a Grid since it assumes that the files in that location are available at every installation already. This will be changed with one of the next updates though.
MoBIoS

Re: Adding custom sound files

Postby MoBIoS » 25. Feb 2014, 17:36

Any chance of this post being attended to?
Thank you in advance.
regards,
MoBIoS

Postby raccoon » 25. Feb 2014, 20:56

Hi MoBIoS!

I must have overread your post. Please do not feel overlooked :-)
Regarding your questions, I will have a look at the sound issue tomorrow - it should be very possible to use almost any customs sounds. Until that please download and check the SDK for Power-Grid which offers more features than the default Launcher. You might even find your answers there.
Regarding that bug: you should refrain from copying customs files to those folders in general, if possible use the plugin system instead.
The shop sometimes requires one of us to review changes you make as a security precaution, if you upload at night or during the weekend, the review takes slightly longer. Sorry for the inconvenience.

regards
--raccoon

ps: great to hear that you have fun creating your own grids!
raccoon
ROCCAT Staff

Postby MoBIoS » 25. Feb 2014, 21:06

Great, thank you and I am looking forward to hear from you tomorrow, after you had a chance to look into those issues.

Best regards,

MoBIoS
MoBIoS

Postby MoBIoS » 1. Mar 2014, 14:22

Hello,
I do not want to appear inpatient or ungrateful, but like tomorrow has turned out to be a bit prolonged.
I am still hoping for a statement/ solution.

Regards,

MoBIoS
MoBIoS

Postby MrTestOne » 6. Mar 2014, 15:49

Did you use the inbuild function for selecting sound files? Usually that should work.
Attachments
button sound selection.png
Select custom button sound
button sound selection.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 30048 times
Let's put a smile on that face...

... with ROCCAT Power-Grid!
MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby MoBIoS » 10. Mar 2014, 02:06

Yes, this is exactly what I used. I tried the supplied sample files also in the data folder, non seem to work.
MoBIoS

Postby MrTestOne » 11. Mar 2014, 12:06

Where are the sound files located you want to use? If they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ROCCAT\Power-Grid\Data\Sound\ they can't be replayed properly, since there is actually a bug in the pathfinding. However, you can still place the sound files in that folder, but then you have to enter the path manually into the "Button sound" text field.

MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby MoBIoS » 13. Mar 2014, 00:51

Like I said, I have added full path to the sound files. As one has to anyway, when trying to find and use those files.
Can you at least reproduce this issue? Not that I want to appear ungreatful, but this support is a tee bit slow, one answer a week, with only a return question, which doesn´t lead us to resolve the matter.
There is not much you can do wrong really. Edit Grid > Button Sound > Choose File > Navigate to File Path > and select file.

Like mentioned in the OP, I have tried all sorts of formats, down and up sampled the files, changed length from 1sec to 5secs, changed file path locations and what not, without avail.
MoBIoS

Postby MrTestOne » 13. Mar 2014, 12:33

I'm sorry for the delayed answers, but I was absent last time and wasn't able to answer after a short time. What is the output device? As far as I know there is none selected by default, try to select one (see screenshot).

Despite buttons sounds have to be enabled in your Power-Grid Launcher settings. Please check, whether they are activated (see screenshot).

Hope this solves your issues.
Attachments
settings.PNG
settings.PNG (5.21 KiB) Viewed 29991 times
sound output.PNG
sound output.PNG (5.96 KiB) Viewed 29991 times

MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Next

Return to Grids