[SOLVED] How do I use downloaded grids which are ZIP's?

Issues, Bugs and Questions regarding creation and use of grids

[SOLVED] How do I use downloaded grids which are ZIP's?

Postby Roccatlover » 1. Mar 2014, 16:22

Hello!
I used ROCCAT Power grid a while ago. At that time when I downloaded a grid it was a rpgp file, i imported it into my roccat and then everything worked. Now I get a zip file, and I dont know how to use it. Help Please!
Already Thank You!
Last edited by Roccatlover on 9. Mar 2014, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
Roccatlover

Re: How do I use downloaded grids?

Postby MrTestOne » 6. Mar 2014, 15:53

Grids should be still packed in rpgp. Please tell us exactly, which Grids you mean are in zip format. By default you unpack zip files first and inside are the files you want to use.
Let's put a smile on that face...

... with ROCCAT Power-Grid!
MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby Knackfrisch » 6. Mar 2014, 17:43

I also got the Problem. I downloaded Remote Control and League of Legends grid and both are packed as a zip. file.
So i exported a random grid so i got a rpgp. Folder, opened it with WinRar and put the files from the downloaded grid into the rpgp. Folder and opened it again with Power-Grid, and it worked!
Knackfrisch

Postby MrTestOne » 6. Mar 2014, 18:01

Just downloaded the grids you have mentioned, but they will be always downloaded in rpgp file format. You can open it with ZIP, fact, but the formats are in case rpgp. Can't reproduce that error here. :S

MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

[Solved] How do I use downloaded grids?

Postby Roccatlover » 9. Mar 2014, 10:45

Thanks for the respond! It was every grid I downloaded, was a .zip file.. Thanks knackfrisch now it works! I also dont Know why i now get a zip file
Roccatlover

Re: [SOLVED] How do I use downloaded grids which are ZIP's?

Postby sirhand » 10. Apr 2014, 08:53

This doesn't help me at all. How do I install downloaded grids? None are in rpgp format nothing i can import. Just a zip folder with pictures and json files. I am specifically trying to install light fx. But also both the Guild wars ones are zip folders.
sirhand

Postby MrTestOne » 10. Apr 2014, 09:08

VERY IMPORTANT: Some browsers may identify the files as a zip container. Therefore DON'T press just OPEN when downloading a file. Instead first SAVE it somewhere on your PC and THEN open it.

MrTestOne
ROCCAT Staff

Postby Seahawk1984 » 13. Apr 2014, 01:53

I'm having this problem as well. I have tried all things listed in this thread and still every time I try downloading a plug-in it is download as a .Zip file. I'm using windows 8.1, not sure if that is causing the issue or not. Any further advise would be helpful.

Thanks.
Seahawk1984

Postby Seahawk1984 » 13. Apr 2014, 01:54

MrTestOne wrote:VERY IMPORTANT: Some browsers may identify the files as a zip container. Therefore DON'T press just OPEN when downloading a file. Instead first SAVE it somewhere on your PC and THEN open it.

No matter what I do, 'Open', 'Save', or 'Save As', it's always a .Zip file.
Seahawk1984

Postby Seahawk1984 » 13. Apr 2014, 02:14

Ok, figured out how to do it, but it's a REAL PAIN! Roccat, you really need to come up with a better way of doing this. I had to download WinRAR (which I really didn't want to have to do), then like KnackFrisch posted, I had to make an export file, then I had to select 'Open With' in the right click menu and find the WinRAR program to open the file. WinRAR does not recognize it out right. Then I had to add all the files from the download 'ZIP' file, then remove the files and folders from the .rpgp that was there from the original export. I couldn't remove those files/folders first because WinRAR would delete the whole .rpgp and I would have to start all over again!

I was so excited when I finally got it all to work, after spending last couple of hours trying to figure it out. I actually thought I had accomplished some great feat of triumph!

I did learn one thing though, until Roccat can come up with a much easier way of doing this, like maybe a way of directly downloading from within the app, I'm not going to waist the time to download any more plug-ins.
Seahawk1984

Next

Return to Grids