System stats customisation

Bugs, issues and questions regarding the pre-installed ROCCAT Tabs

System stats customisation

Postby tiro_uspsss » 1. Sep 2015, 11:36

Hello!

First of all: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AWESOME APP!!!! I love it! :D

Right, now that's out the way - a question:

Is there a way to..mm..simply the sys stats grid? All I want it to show is the RAM info (% used + total/used/unused) & - here's the most important one - the load per thread for each of my 24 threads? I have 2x 6C/12T CPUs, would like to see each threads load + ram usage, that's it, nothing else -

is there a way to get this? :)

TIA!
tiro_uspsss

Re: System stats customisation

Postby Addihash » 1. Sep 2015, 12:18

You can create your own grid and put the Cpu and Ram info on it, unfortunately the CPU-Info only supports 8 threads at this time.
However this post shows how to extend that to twelve threads, with the help of that you could do 24 threads aswell.
If you don't understand a thing I might be able to help you out ;)

http://power-grid-forum.roccat.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=562&sid=ab3b9c9aac941980113777617ebaee0d
Addihash
Administrator

Postby tiro_uspsss » 1. Sep 2015, 12:39

Thank you so much! I will give that a try later! :)
tiro_uspsss

Postby tiro_uspsss » 2. Sep 2015, 13:13

Ok, so followed the steps; I do have 12 thread showing usage but not the remaining 12 :(

& ah I looked thru the 'code' - I'm clueless :(

help please!
tiro_uspsss

Postby Addihash » 2. Sep 2015, 14:42

Okay i'll guide you through the parts you would need to change, as the base i take the code from r4pt012:

first the easiest part:
add
Code: Select all
"CPU_Usage(12)", "CPU_Usage(13)", ..., "CPU_Usage(23)"
to the functions in line 1370.
and change
"$(13)%" and "$(14)"
to
"$(25)%" and "$(26)"
in line 908 and 920.

Now the more complex ones:
You need to change three parts of the code, the titles ('Core 01' - 'Core 12'), the load-percentages and the bars.
The titles go from line 943 to 1086, obviously we need to add titles for the cores 13 - 24, we do that by copy-pasting the first twelve and change the 'Text' value.
We do the same thing with the percentages (line 1087 to 1230) and the bars (1231 to 1350). The only difference is that we change the numbers in the brackets (percentages) and the mapping (bars).

Now we got the right values, but the positioning is still wrong. To fix that we change the 'Top' value of each title, percentage and bar. And if you want them to fit on that image you also need to change the 'Height' value and the fontsizes. As an alternative to that you can just make a bigger graphic and fit all on there.

At last i will give you some troubleshooting tips:
- open the debug console by pressing alt and double-clicking the version number in the top-right corner of powergrid
- you can find the log.txt in \AppData\Local\Temp\ROCCAT\Power-Grid\
- if a change did not apply you probably didn't quit PG properly. Do this via right clicking the tray icon or pressing Ctrl+Q

I hope this helps!
Addihash
Administrator

Postby tiro_uspsss » 10. Sep 2015, 11:43

Ok.. finally had some time to sit down & try this..

hasn't turned out too well :(

it would appear it is trying to display the info for cores 12-24 on the one last line :/

I 90% certain I understood & followed your instructions but I'm stuck! :(

should I upload the file I edited?

thanks heaps!
tiro_uspsss

Postby Addihash » 10. Sep 2015, 14:29

Addihash wrote:Now we got the right values, but the positioning is still wrong. To fix that we change the 'Top' value of each title, percentage and bar. And if you want them to fit on that image you also need to change the 'Height' value and the fontsizes. As an alternative to that you can just make a bigger graphic and fit all on there.

Have you also done this?
Addihash
Administrator

Return to Incoming Center / System Stats / Sound Control / Settings (App)